August 22, 2022
Assalamu alaykum, Dear Al-Hijra Families.
Please read all the contained information carefully.
- We’re back to school Tuesday, September 6, 2022, 8:15 a.m.
- Except for preschool (who will meet in the preschool classroom), we will all meet in the gym, and students will line up with their teachers who will be holding signs indicating their names, the grades they teach, and their class lists. At this point, the students will be welcomed. Parents are welcome to stay for this part before the students go to class. We ask that parents DO NOT follow the classes into the school and to depart as soon as the welcome has wrapped up.
- All students have a 10-minute nutritional break from 10:19-10:29 every morning. Please provide a nutritious, healthy snack for your child to eat during this time. Lunch starts at 12:38 p.m.
Click on the links below for healthy eating tips and ideas:
The school calendar with important dates for the current school year is posted on the school web site; for updates, please visit www.alhijraacdemy.com.
- SCHOOL FEES PAYMENT POLICY
PLEASE NOTE: For tuition, will ONLY BE ACCEPTING
- Ten (10) post-dated cheques dated the 1st of each month
- Electronic Fund Transfers directly from bank accounts (form is in the office; requires a void cheque)
- We thank you for your cooperation.
- Morning drop-off time is between 8:00 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. PLEASE NOTE: BACK DOORS WILL BE CLOSED AT 8:15 after which students will have to be dropped off at the front.
- Classes will end at 3:32 p.m. Please remember that parent traffic is ONE WAY ONLY, entering through the orchard entrance (second entrance) in two lanes, and exiting from the front of the school building. Slowly drive your child/children to the side of the school building by the school’s gym entrance, wait for the students ahead of you to get to the safe zone, and proceed to drop off your child/children as traffic moves on.
- The school provides all the textbooks as a loan to students for the school year. There is a one-time fee of $140 for all JK to Grade 8 students’ resources and supplies for the current school year. This fee includes the cost of workbooks, novels, supplies, and other instructional resources for specific grades. This fee can be paid at the office by cheque or debit by October 21. Please fill out the form HERE.
- Class supplies lists are posted for each grade on the school web site at www.alhijraacademy.com.
- Fridays are very special days for us as Muslims, and to further instill in our students the religious significance of this blessed day, we have early release on Fridays. Parents will pick up their children after Jumu’ah prayer after 2:00 p.m.
- PLEASE NOTE: School logos MUST be visible on all tops. LOGOS ARE NOT SOLD AT OUR SCHOOL and must be embroidered at the T-Shirt Company.
Students are expected to dress Islamically appropriately, using conventions of modesty and good taste, as well as acknowledge weather conditions as guidelines. All students must wear proper uniform at all times while on school property and on school sponsored field trips unless otherwise indicated.
- Girls JK-Grade 3: Royal blue polo shirt, navy blue uniform pants (NOT JEANS OR LEGGINGS); navy blue jumper that must have a logo sewn onto it.
- Hijab is required for Grades 1-3 for prayer in the masjid.
- Girls Grades 4-8: Below knee-length, long-sleeved navy blue tunic with logo sewn onto it, and loose navy blue pants; or plain navy blue abaya with logo sewn onto it, and navy blue pants underneath.
- Plain white, royal blue, or navy blue hijabs that are not decorated are required to be worn properly at all times.
- Boys Grades JK-8: Royal blue polo with logo sewn onto it, navy blue uniform pants.
- Plain navy blue sweater vest is optional, but must have a logo sewn onto it.
- All students may wear a sweater indoors, especially during cold weather. The sweater must be plain navy blue, without any symbols, name brands, or logos displayed, other than the school logo sewn onto it, and without a hood or drawstrings anywhere.
Especially during damp weather in the fall and winter seasons, students should bring two pairs of shoes to school: one for indoor use and one for outdoor use. Students must not wear slippers/sandals in school for health reasons.
JEANS, LEGGINGS, AND CARGO-STYLE PANTS ARE NOT PERMITTED!
- All uniform requirements are available at the T-Shirt Company, located at 870-A Ottawa Street (one block west of Parent Ave.). Free parking in front. Windsor, ON N8X 2C8. Call 519-256-4141 or e-mail email@example.com.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school administration if you have any questions or concerns. Please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office at 519-966-8276.
If you are interested in receiving text messages from Al-Hijra Academy and staying instantly updated, you can subscribe by texting the message @alhi to 289-271-0221.
If your child is registered and you have not received the information above as an email, please email email@example.com.
Jazakum Allaah Khayrun.
Al-Hijra Academy Administration