Detailed below are the requirements for all Al-Hijra Academy students:
Al-Hijra Academy uniforms should be purchased locally from
The shirts are royal blue in colour, and the pants and jumpers are navy blue.
PLEASE NOTE: School logos MUST be visible on all tops. LOGOS ARE NOT SOLD AT OUR SCHOOL and must be embroidered at the T-Shirt Company.
Students are expected to dress Islamically appropriately, using conventions of modesty and good taste, as well as acknowledge weather conditions as guidelines. All students must wear proper uniform at all times while on school property and on school sponsored field trips unless otherwise indicated.
- Girls JK-Grade 3: Royal blue polo shirt, navy blue uniform pants (NOT JEANS OR LEGGINGS); navy blue jumper that must have a logo sewn onto it.
- Hijab is required for Grades 1-3 for prayer in the masjid.
- Girls Grades 4-8: Below knee-length, long-sleeved navy blue tunic with logo sewn onto it, and loose navy blue pants; or plain navy blue abaya with logo sewn onto it, and navy blue pants underneath.
- Plain white, royal blue, or navy blue hijabs that are not decorated are required to be worn properly at all times.
- Boys Grades JK-8: Royal blue polo with logo sewn onto it, navy blue uniform pants.
- Plain navy blue sweater vest is optional, but must have a logo sewn onto it.
All students may wear a sweater indoors, especially during cold weather. The sweater must be plain navy blue, without any symbols, name brands, or logos displayed, other than the school logo sewn onto it, and without a hood or drawstrings anywhere.
Especially during damp weather in the fall and winter seasons, students should bring two pairs of shoes to school: one for indoor use and one for outdoor use. Students must not wear slippers/sandals in school for health reasons.
UNIFORM PANTS MUST BE STRAIGHT AND LOOSE ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE LEG, NOT TIGHT-FITTING IN ANY WAY.
REGULAR, STANDARD UNIFORM PANTS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE REQUIREMENT FOR BOYS AND GIRLS.**