Our school offers a hot lunch program to students that can be pre-ordered every month. The menu is sent home the third week of the month and is to be filled out according to what you’d like to order for your child. Please ensure it is submitted to your child’s teacher or to the office NO LATER than the date indicated on the form to ensure your child has lunch. Follow all instructions on the menu to fill out the form properly. This is a non-profit program, and to keep costs at a minimum for the students, we have had families in the past sponsor a lunch. Please contact Sr. Hana if you would like to sponsor a lunch.
Please contact Sr. Hana at 519-563-9990
Please complete and submit the lunch order form by Tuesday, September 26th
Food order forms are available for FREE from the link below.Read More
Dear Al‐Hijra Academy Parents,
Reading is one of the most important skills your child will learn in school. Like all skills, improvement comes with practice, and the Al-‐Hijra Academy Library Media Centre provides a wide variety of books for students to borrow for reading practice, information, and enjoyment.
Your child’s class will visit the school library weekly to select books and to participate in literacy lessons. During these lessons, younger children(Preschool-‐Grade 2) will be exposed to the very best children’s literature and will participate in activities designed to help them enjoy the stories even more. It is our goal to get (or keep) your child “hooked on reading” because research shows that children who read more, read better!
Older students (Grades 3-‐8) will focus more on inquiry and research, as well as media literacy. We will be working with classroom teachers to help students access resources that support their learning and develop the research skills they need in order to evaluate and use these resources to their full potential.
Sr. Maimoona Ali (OCT-‐Library Media Specialist)Read More
Assalamu alaykum, Dear Al-Hijra Families.
We take this opportunity to welcome all our new and returning families and make du’aa that this partnership of home and school is for the sake of Allaah, subhaanahu wa ta’aala, and we work together to provide the best of ta’leem and tarbiyyah of both deen and dunya to our next generation of the Muslim Ummah.
We would like to share with you some important information about the upcoming 2017-2018 school year, and this information can be found on our web site at www.alhijraacademy.com.
- Insha’Allaah the first day back to school for Al-Hijra students is Tuesday, September 5, 2017. On the first day of school, we will all meet in the gym, and students will line up with their teachers who will be holding signs indicating their names, the grades they teach, and their class lists. At this point, the students will be welcomed. Parents are welcome to stay for this part before the students go to class.
- Morning drop-off time is between 8:00 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. Classes will start at 8:20 a.m. sharp and end at 3:28 p.m. Please remember that parent traffic is ONE WAY ONLY, entering through the orchard entrance (second entrance) in two lanes, and exiting from the front of the school building. Kindly, slowly drive your child/children to the side of the school building by the school’s gym entrance, wait for the students ahead of you to get to the safe zone, and proceed to drop off your child/children as traffic moves on. A detailed map and directions will be posted on the school’s web site.
- The school provides all the textbooks as a loan to students for the school year. Parents will have to purchase only workbooks, novels, or any consumable notebooks for their child’s specific grade. These book packages will also be available for purchase at the school office after September 5, 2017. School supplies lists are posted for each grade on the school web site at alhijraacademy.com.
- Fridays are very special days for us as Muslims and to further instill in our students the religious significance of this blessed day, the Al-Hijra Academy School Board has decided to continue early release on Fridays. Parents will pick up their children after Jumu’ah prayer after 2:00 p.m. The instructional time will be gained by starting the instructional day at 8:20 a.m. and school will end at 3:26 p.m. on all other days, Monday through Thursday.
- The school uniform is same as last year.
The school uniform is available at a local store, T-shirt Company, located at 1276 Ottawa Street, Windsor, ON N8X 2E6. Call 519-256-4141 or e-mail email@example.com.
BOYS: Navy blue dress pants and a royal blue shirt with the school logo; navy blue uniform sweater or sweater vest with a logo is optional.
GIRLS Grades 1-4: Navy blue dress pants and a royal blue shirt, and a navy blue jumper with a logo.
GIRLS Grades 5-8: Loose-fitting navy blue dress pants and loose-fitting, navy blue, full-sleeved, knee-length tunics with a logo; or a plain, undecorated navy blue abaya with a logo. A navy blue uniform sweater with a logo is optional.
Girls from Grades 4-8 are required to wear plain navy blue, royal blue, or white hijabs.
- The school calendar with important dates for the 2017-2018 school year is posted on the school web site; please visit alhijraacdemy.com for more details.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school administration if you have any questions or concerns. Please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office at 519-966-8276.
Jazakum Allaah Khayrun.
Al-Hijra Academy Administration
- School Supply Lists: http://alhijraacademy.com/school-supply-lists-2017/
- Traffic Plan: http://alhijraacademy.com/al-hijra-academy-traffic-plan/
- Important Dates: http://alhijraacademy.com/important-dates-2017-2018/